Active travel by school children on the rise
The most recent school travel audit indicates increasing momentum for active travel.
In primary schools, overall results showed the highest levels of active travel since the first survey in June 2020
We are working with schools to support their children and families to travel actively to and from school.
Our project work has included:
- Engagement with La Houguette school children around their walking bus and an installation of their new bike rack.
- Liaising with Primary schools in the north of the Island to set up walking buses.
- Working with Traffic and Highway Services to undertake travel plans for primary schools.
- Supported the St Martin's Primary school active travel project. Below you can find the videos which tell the school's journey to achieving this.
- We are helping local primary schools to take part in the Living Streets WOW Challenge. Children use a Travel Tracker to record how they get to school each day. If they walk, cycle or scoot once a week for a month they collect a badge.
Get in touch if you would like to find out more.